June Lake

7.08.2012

Well, I think it has been about 2 weeks since my last post but I'm finally back and I'm ready to begin posting more regularly!

In the past two weeks that I have been away, I went camping with my boyfriends family near mammoth mountain for  a week.  I'll post a few of my instagram images from camping along with this post. My username on instagram is @daniesandoval, if you follow my instagram I would definitely love to follow you back!

Anyways, I went camping between July 1-6. I went with my boyfriends family camping in June Lake which is a little past Mammoth Mountain. Every year his family rents out a cabin for 2 weeks and spends most of their time going to different lakes to fish.

I went for the first time last year and I had alot of fun, so this year I was really excited to go back. This year my boyfriend, Andrew and I only went for the first week because I start school the second week that they are there there. We began our 6 hour drive to June Lake at 3 am on Saturday morning. It was really cool to drive in the middle of the night and to see the sun rise.


After stopping in Bishop to eat breakfast, we traveled another hour to June Lake. We didn't reach June Lake untill about noon, but because the cabin wasn't ready when we got there, we went fishing to waste a few hours.

Although I have been fishing a few times before, going to June Lake with my boyfriends family has showed me I really like fishing. I enjoy being out doors and being near the water.

Since last year was my first time going camping, I just browed an old fishing pole that no one used. But since I really liked to fish, I decided to buy my own pole for this years trip. When I saw this one at Sports Authority, I immediately fell in love it it. Although pink really isn't my favorite color, I decided to get it because I like the combination of the gold and the pink. I also like that when I spin the reel, the reel lights up green and purple when it spins, and those are my two favorite colors.




The second day there we went fishing early in the morning. I dont know what lake his was but I know we had to drive out of June Lake and up a mountain to get to it. I really liked this lake because the mountains looked so beautiful with little spots of snow still on them. This lake was also where I cought my first and only fish of the trip.

 
Later that day, when Andrew was driving us to another lake I saw a deer. I was really excited because I have never seen one in person. At first when we passed by it I thought it was fake because it didn't move when we drove by it, but when I made him turn around to see it again, it started to walk around so he pulled over on the other side of the road so I could take a picture.


About two days later, we all woke up around 3 am to get ready to hike to Parker lake. This was one of the most beautiful and peaceful lakes I have seen there. I'm not sure if it you can see in the picture but there was this really pretty waterfall in the mountains. Although this lake is really nice, I hated going to it because we had to hike uphill for an hour and a half to get to it.


Here is a picture of Andrew and I walking back to the car from Parker Lake.


For the Fourth of July, Andrews family decieded to travel to a small town nearby that was having a 4th of July celebration. I loved the dinosaur jumper that they had there.


The day before my boyfriend and left, we decided to go walking through the forrest that surrounded the cabin. I was was scared that we were going to run into a bear because Andrew has seen some near the cabin in past years.


The last day that we were there, my boyfriend was talking to a store owner and he told us that Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman were filming a movie at a hotel that was fairly close to our cabin. We decided to go to see if the store owner was right and when we got there we saw a few trucks with the Universal Pictures logo on it and big trucks filled with what looked like camera and lighting equipment on the side of the road. It looked as if they were unpacking everything. We didn't see anyone famous though, but it was really cool to know that a movie was being filmed about 2 minutes from where we were staying.

On our way home Andrew and I decided to go to Disneyland before we got home. We were origionally planning on going on Sunday but we figured since we were already in the car and really  hungry, we should just go to Disneyland and just spend the rest of the day there since we reached Southern California a little sooner then expected.



Anyways, thanks so much for checking out my blog and thanks so much if you read everything. I know there was alot to read in this post. But anyways im looking forward to get back into posting regularly.! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful photos! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like visiting inspiring blogs like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds so exciing! I am your newes follower on GFC hope you follow back.

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete