The Killers San Diego Concert

12.09.2012


Jacket: Express // Shirt: The Killers website //  Jeans: Forever 21 // Purse: TJ Maxx // Boots: Miz Mooz

Well this outfit was what I wore to The Killers concert I went to on Friday. I went to the 91X Wrex the Halls Concert event which was at San Diego State University. The Killers were the headlining band and the bands playing before them were Audio Addiction, Young Blood Hawke, Imagine Dragons, The Joy Formidable, Tegan and Sara, Passion Pit and M83. I have to say it was amazing because hearing the Killers live is always great but this was one of the worst yet it was also one of the best concert experiences I've ever had. This is a long story but here is what happened...




So the day started out with me going to school. On Fridays I have a morning class from 8 to 12. But as soon as I was finished I had to hurry and drive home to pick up my boyfriend and then hurry and drive to San Diego which is about an hour away. So we end up getting to San Diego about 4 hours before they started to let people in so we could get a good spot because we tickets for the pit.



The radio station hosting the concert, 91X, was there and they had a contest for a meet and greet to see the bands backstage. So when I found this out I told my boyfriend to enter. Good stuff somehow always happens to him and he is always winning contests. He is so lucky that has shaken Johnny Depp’s hand, won a free Keurig, and just last week he won 4 tickets to the Disneyland Candlelight Ceremony and Processional. One time when we were going to California Adventure, he said he felt like something good was going to happen that day and while we were there we saw Adam Sandler and we were about 10 feet away from him. So I knew if anyone was going to win something it was most likely him. So he enters in the contest but doesn't win anything.


So when we get let into the arena we were able to get a good spot close to the stage; I can see the entire stage perfectly. As the 2nd act was playing, Young Blood Hawke, people start shoving really hard everyone in my area started to get mad. So after being pushed around for the rest of the night everyone was in a bad mood and sweaty. It was so annoying that you couldn’t even enjoy the bands playing because you had to try not to fall down.
After a while, whoever was pushing ended up right behind me. Two guys lead a large group of their friend’s right to the stage. They were making it extremely obvious that they were just trying to push their way to the front. So when they were right behind me and my boyfriend, we were extremely irritated at this point. 


By this time I was just ready for The Killers to perform so I could leave. Since everyone was so sweaty, it was extremely stuffy. It was gross. Everyone was drenched in sweat.  I was scared I was going to faint because I started to feel a little sick. Since I only ate breakfast really early in the morning, and the intense stuffiness was getting to be too much, I was afraid that if I didn’t get cool air or water soon that I would faint. 


Thankfully, when The Killers began to play the pushing slightly let up.  But about halfway through the show, I noticed that the group had left. I was able to enjoy the show because I was getting cool air since everyone was able to spread out. I was also able to get a good view of the stage, I was still pretty close to it when The Killers began to play. Seeing Brandon super close up was amazing.


The Killers had played an amazing show. They always do. This is the 3rd time I had seen them live and they were absolutely perfect. Here are 2 videos I took of two of my favorite songs. After hearing For Reasons Unknown, which is my favorite song, it turned my mood completely around. It was also really nice hearing Hear With Me for the first time live. It’s one of my favorite songs from Battle Born. 






I did notice that The Killers played a short show. They didn’t play some songs that they usually do.They didn't play A Dustland Fairytale or Flesh and Bone. I think this was because since it was a concert with other bands playing,they had to play a shorter show as a result.  But this didn’t bother me to much because I am seeing them in concert again in Las Vegas later this month. That concert will be one with just them preforming so hopefully that show will be longer. 

So as the last song was playing I tell my boyfriend to be ready for when Ronnie throws his drumsticks into the audience. This is something that he always does after each show, so I knew to expect it. However he throws the sticks to the left side of the stage and we were more towards the right.



Now what happened next is what made my night amazing. 


So with the concert finished I wasn’t paying attention to the stage, and out of my peripheral vision, I see something flying in the air. I look up quickly and see about 3 more drumsticks fly through the air. I then blinked and I didn’t get to see where they flew to. It sort of looked like they landed a few rows of people behind where I was standing but I couldn't be sure because I didn't get a good look. Then a few guys in front of me leapt to my left, right where my boyfriend should have been standing. I look back and I see this huge crowd of people on the floor. With my boyfriend no longer standing next to me I knew he was at the bottom at the pile of people because I couldn’t even see him. I seriously thought for a second “Holy Crap He’s DEAD!” No kidding, there was a crowd of like 20 guys piled on top of each other on the floor. So then to my side I notice another group of people fighting for another drumstick. Then I look back to the group of people on the floor and they are all starting to get up. I was expecting my boyfriend to be left on the floor unconscious. Then I see my boyfriend rise up from the group of people with Ronnie’s Drumstick clasped tightly in both hands!!! I was absolutely amazed! I honestly don't know how amazing things always end up happening to him!



 I asked him how he was able to catch one because I wasn’t expecting more to be thrown after the first two. He said that after the first two there thrown out, people started shoving towards where they were thrown so he just had his hands up close to his chest. Then all of a sudden he noticed something flying through the air and as he is looking up to see what it was he felt something hit his chest, right between his hands, he closed his hands around whatever hit him and then next thing he knew he was on the ground with a whole bunch of people on top of him. He didn’t even know he had the drumstick in both hands until he was on the floor and people were trying to pull something from his hands; but as he was getting up, people started to let go.

So after being pushed around all night and being miserable I have to say it was definitely worth it catching Ronnie's drumstick.  Here are close up of it. 

 Here is the drumstick after we framed it with stuff from the concert. 



11 comments:

  1. Very nice pics and it looks like you had a great day. Have a nice day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgsh, that is so exciting/thrilling/awesome!!!
    Haha, looks like a fantastic concert :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen the Killers but they must be amazing if you've seen them so many times. That's so awesome that your boyfriend was able to get a drumstick and I love the way you framed it.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. great outfit! love your shirt - really cool. I like the Killers as well.
    would you like to follow each other?
    fromprovince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your look !

    following you now, hope you follow back :)

    www.heymarsya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the killers are amazing <3 I saw them ones! I really enjoyed the concert :D


    X Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo wanted to go to that show! never made it :(


    xx love your look!

    http://www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable winter look, congratulations on the styling; great work!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete